Today on No Man’s Sky’s website they posted a video showing what the next gen version of their game will look like, and details on moving up to the next gen consoles. Showing off the new 4K 60 FPS that the game will run at, and showing the better shadows, textures, detail to environment’s and more.
The info on the new look and feel of the game was great but also finding out about moving your save was even better. A direct quote from the No Man’s Sky website states
“Seamlessly transition your No Man’s Sky journey to the next generation. Xbox One saves are automatically compatible with the next Xbox generation, and PS4 players can upload their save data in-game for download on PS5.“
Xbox players seems to be able to immediately just start playing their saves on the next Xbox generation, while PS5 players just need to upload there data and transfer over to the PS5.
Not only will the game look and feel better, but you will also be able to play with many MANY more friends. Now No Man’s Sky will feature 32 player multiplayer on next gen consoles! Also if you were worried about not being able to play with your friends on different consoles or PCs don’t, because “All iterations of the universe are now united, and Travellers on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X / S can explore alongside Travellers on all other platforms.” Which is huge news for fans of the NMS that have been torn between what console to pick.
Some other highlights of the post are
- Faster Warp Speeds
- Bigger Bases
- Huge draw distance and detail upgrades, matching Ultra quality on PC
- 4K60fps for PS5/Xbox Series X
- Series S gets a 60fps performance mode or high quality Native Resolution 30fps mode. (No mention of what the “native” resolution is)
- Trigger updates for PS5 DualSense controller
- Subtle haptic feedback allows you to feel the kick of your Multi-Tool as you blast Sentinels or mine resources, or the satisfying click of slotting a building part into place.
- PS5 get “3D Audio”