Today, Gameforge — leading publisher of popular massively multiplayer online games in the West like AION, OGame, and Swords of Legends Online — and developer Whiteboard Games announced their gritty, award-winning, top-down, sci-fi roguelite shooter I See Red is now available on PC. A console launch is already planned for the near future.
Focus on what really matters in the dichromatic I See Red: revenge. Enemies surround you in this stark black-and-white world, with scarlet streaks highlighting the most violent villains. Every asset in your arsenal, from your guns to your grappling hook, can be used to pull you into the action and make Aliens, Humans, and Robots pay. But even should you fall in battle, that won’t be the end of it in this roguelite. Your clone will appear, allowing you to use everything you learned from the previous attempt to ensure you make the universe remember your name.
“I See Red started when five students came together back in March 2020. It’s been a crazy journey that resulted in the birth of a new team: Whiteboard Games,” said Luciano Musella, President and Founder of Whiteboard Games, and Director of I See Red. “We are extremely proud of what we accomplished. We hope all that hard work pays off and players can feel the love we poured into I See Red’s gameplay, aesthetic, and music.”
I See Red is an award-winning indie game that claimed the grand prize at Argentina’s 2021 EVA Awards and was dubbed IGN Rogue Jam 2022’s “Most Eye-Poppingly Beautiful Game.” In August, I See Red won “Best Visual Art and Design” at GameConnection x ChinaJoy’s Indie Development Awards.
I See Red is a fast-paced and frantic story of rage and revenge. The year is 2621. You are an outlaw traveling the infinite depths of space, searching for those who have wronged you to dish out the ultimate punishment. With a unique dichromatic aesthetic, your view of the world is consumed by wrath as the targets of your retribution appear in a deathly red, while the rest of the world around you fades to gray. Consumed by anger, everything that surrounds you can be destroyed — ship hardware, furniture, and most importantly, enemies. Uncover a host of diverse weaponry, augments, skills, and abilities to lay waste to your foes as brutally as they deserve. As a top-down, twin-stick roguelite, every playthrough unlocks a stronger version of yourself as you improve your very own cloning machine. Bring entire ships to total collapse, exercise justice against invading spaceships, Robots, Aliens, Humans — the entire galaxy. Rage and crush them all. Rage and make them pay. Rage and get your revenge. You. Must. Not. Stop.
- Variety of Opponents: Humans, Aliens or Robots — they all have their own ways of trying to put an early end to your vengeance! In order to prevail, you must adapt your tactics to numerous different types of opponents.
- Action-Packed Gunfights: Enjoy fast-paced gunfights, destructible cover, and a variety of weapons that will help you sow death and destruction. Put your lightning-fast reflexes to the test when opponents suddenly teleport behind you.
- Let Your Rage Run Wild!: Sparks are flying in close combat too! Use your grappling hook to quickly pull yourself towards opponents and deliver the final, bloody blow. Unleash your rage once you have collected enough energy and regenerate health with each kill.
- Combos Do the Trick!: Throughout the game, you receive a number of randomly generated passive skills, turning each run into a unique experience.
- Death Is Not the End: Thanks to cloning technology, you can always give it another try should your opponents ever get the better of you. Collected materials are used to strengthen your character’s attributes.
- Dystopian Sci-Fi World: The unique art style draws you into a dark sci-fi world with a vengeful anti-hero who, quite literally, sees red. This innovative design choice allows you to see everything important at a glance. The dynamic music system always provides you with the right soundtrack!
I See Red is available on PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store on October 24, 2022 for $11.99 USD, $13.49 CAD, €9.99 EUR, £9.29 GBP, with local pricing available for other territories.