STOCKHOLM – July 19, 2022 – Create your own path through the great outdoors in Call of the Wild: The Angler™, the new, genre-defying, open-world fishing game coming Aug. 31, 2022, to PC via Steam, the Epic Games Store and Microsoft Store for $29.99 / €29,99. Find your perfect fishing spot on your own or with friends in this immersive, engaging experience from the studio that brought you the hit hunting game theHunter: Call of the Wild™.
Discover a vast and varied open world for up to 12 players in The Angler’s launch map, Golden Ridge Reserve. Inspired by the natural beauty and wonder of northwest Wyoming, this serene paradise is a joy to explore by off-road vehicle, boat, or on foot. Whether you reel in that elusive catch, chase “the one that got away,” or just get lost off the beaten path, every trip will have you coming back for more.
- Explore an Atmospheric Open World: Dive into a vast, living world with breathtaking fishing spots at your own leisure. Venture along winding rivers, soaring peaks, hidden springs, and epic hiking trails inspired by real-life locations by foot, boat, or off-road vehicles.
- Feel the Genuine Thrill of Freshwater Fishing: Battle fierce Largemouth Bass, Mountain Whitefish and more in an engaging, accessible fishing experience for all. Each species has its own unique behavior, and you’ll have to carefully counter their movements to reel them in.
- Become a Master Angler: Learn expert techniques and adapt your strategy to land the most challenging catches. Build out your collection of gear with a wide range of rods, fully customizable with a growing selection of reels, lines, floats, hooks, lures, and bait.
- Play Solo or With Friends: Explore scenic locations and land the perfect catch on your own or with friends in online drop-in/drop-out co-op multiplayer for up to 12 players.
- Enjoy an Evolving Stream of New Content: Call of the Wild: The Angler will continue to deliver memorable new fishing experiences with regular post-launch content updates in close collaboration with the community.
Call of the Wild: The Angler is also coming soon to consoles. The game is developed by Expansive Worlds, a creative division within Avalanche Studios Group. For the latest updates, visit www.COTWTheAngler.com, and follow the game on Twitter at @COTWTheAngler.
About Expansive Worlds
Expansive Worlds is a creative division within Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players. It is best known for the long-standing and successful theHunter franchise, as well as the recently announced Call of the Wild: The Angler. Expansive Worlds develops games using the proprietary Apex engine, enabling vast open worlds with endless creative possibilities. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com/divisions/expansive-worlds.
About Avalanche Studios Group
Avalanche Studios Group is a leading interactive entertainment company offering a wide range of games and live services from creative divisions Avalanche Studios, Expansive Worlds, and Systemic Reaction. Its portfolio includes the Just Cause franchise, theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero, Rage 2, Call of the Wild: The Angler, and the upcoming Contraband. Founded in 2003, Avalanche Studios Group draws from nearly two decades of open-world experience. All its games are developed using the proprietary Apex engine, enabling vast and dynamic worlds, full of emergent gameplay and endless creative possibilities. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com.