REYKJAVIK, Iceland – 23rd June 2022 – Game developer Solid Clouds is excited to announce the closed Beta launch of their newest title, Starborne: Frontiers!
Frontiers is a multi-platform RPG and the studio’s second game. Set in the same universe as their first game, Starborne: Sovereign Space, it combines aspects of auto battlers and squad-based RPGs to offer a more up-close and in-depth view of the complex sci-fi world. Taking up the mantle of Fleet Commander, players will recruit new ships and train their pilots to take on all the dangers – and secrets – that the edge of the galaxy has to offer. From bounty hunting boss fights to the campaign storyline, with multiple game modes and recruitable characters from 10 different factions, Frontiers offers players strategic challenges from every angle.
“We are forging ahead with the development of Frontiers,” says CEO Stefán Gunnarsson. “It has been receiving very positive feedback from our test players. This milestone has been reached on schedule as a result of a well-executed plan and the efforts of our high-performance, dedicated team.”
The studio is currently accepting applications for beta testers, who will be able to get a first glimpse of Frontiers’campaign mechanics, PvP arena, and the bounty system. Closed Beta testing will start in the upcoming weeks. To sign up to be a tester, please visit the discord at https://discord.gg/PlayFrontiers or at https://frontiers.starborne.com
- A unique new approach to auto-battling, where strategic placement and fleet composition is the key to victory
- Dozens of recruitable ships and characters from 10 different factions
- Customizable ship stats
- A full story campaign exploring the deep lore behind the world of Starborne
- A PVP Arena where you battle other players to build a reputation and secure leaderboard dominance
- Challenging “Bounty” Boss battles where you can earn powerful new equipment for your ships
- Daily login and playtime rewards for all players
- Annual daily, weekly, and monthly challenges to earn additional rewards
- A glimmering galaxy, rendered in a stunning semi-realistic art style
About Solid Clouds
Solid Clouds was founded in Reykjavik, Iceland in 2013 by Stefán Gunnarsson, Stefán Björnsson and Sigurður Arnljótsson, the original CEO and co-founder of developer CCP Games. Their first game, Starborne: Sovereign Space, combined the best elements of 4X Grand Strategy and MMOs to create a completely unique experience. Starborne: Frontiers will be the second game from the studio, expanding their rich universe of lore and intrigue from a completely new angle. The growing team at Solid Clouds is passionate about their games and excited to explore the future of the Starborne universe.