Wiesbaden, Germany (June 14, 2022) – Lights, cameras, action! Today, revered indie publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer Odyssey Studios announced Moviehouse during the Shacknews E6 Summer Showcase. Moviehouse is a new business management simulation game that puts players in the director’s chair of a quickly expanding production studio where only the best films make it to the silver screen.
Launching Fall 2022 on Steam and GOG, Moviehouse players will take the “leading role” behind the scenes of a budding Hollywood-inspired production house that gets its start in the 1980s golden era. Hire talents, write scripts and shoot award-winning films, all the while balancing the whims of the fans and critics through the decades!
In Moviehouse, players start with a small yet passionate film crew with rudimentary equipment who have one goal: grow the studio into one of the best in the industry and keep it that way for years to come. With an eye for entertainment, pick from a dozen different and popular film genres and plot the perfect, award-winning storyline. Inspired by the cult classic The Movies by Peter Molyneux, strike the perfect balance between arthouse and Hollywood pop culture to create a true blockbuster cult classic that will leave the critics begging for more.
“Our team is delighted to bring our very first title to life,” said Niklāvs Strads, founder of Odyssey Studios. “We set out to capture the excitement of what goes on both in front of the camera and behind the scenes. Beyond all the glitz and glamour, it takes an entire crew of talented writers, producers, and directors to really bring a movie to life, and Moviehouse captures all of that!”
Key Features of Moviehouse:
- That’s Showbiz, Baby!: Compete in the glamorous Industry Awards showcase, vying for multiple titles, including best feature film, and set your sights on winning the coveted “Golden Clapper”
- The Tides of Change: As the decades pass, both your team and your equipment will improve. Starting off with a small amateur cast and rudimentary equipment, the studio and all those a part of it will mature and hone their skills, while new updates in technology and filming techniques grant the ability for better filmmaking!
- Assemble the Dream Team: Hire directors and writers and build up their creative skills, nurturing their creative prowess. A good crew in itself can turn casual viewers into diehard fans!
- Hit the Festival Circuit: Showcase your movie in film festivals to build buzz, gain accolades, and rise your creation worldwide cult-classic praise
- An Eye for Filmmaking: Make a spy flick, a romantic comedy, or a bloody slasher — or something entirely different. You’ve got the film-making tools are your fingertips, so it’s all up to you!
Moviehouse arrives on Windows and Mac OS Fall 2022 via Steam and GOG. The title will also be showcased during Steam Next Fest with a first-ever playable Steam Demo.
About Assemble Entertainment
Founded in 2016 and based in Wiesbaden, Germany, Assemble Entertainment is an independent games developer best known for the survival city-builder Endzone – A World Apart, which challenges players to survive and thrive following an environmental apocalypse, and the modernized Leisure Suit Larry series, featuring two new entries in the iconic decades-spanning saga.
Despite the company’s short history, Assemble Entertainment has won the German Developer Award twice — in 2020 and 2021— in the category “Best Publisher”. Assemble Entertainment organizes GermanDevDays, an annual conference held in Frankfurt, Germany since 2016 that attracts more than 1,100 attendees from across the German-speaking video game development industry. The event also includes the GermanDevDays Indie Award, where indie development teams across Germany can participate in varying categories to win a cash prize for their projects. The event is hosted by Stefan Marcinek, CEO and Founder of Assemble Entertainment. More on www.germandevdays.com and www.assemble-entertainment.com.