Once upon a time, the gothic fairy-tale crafting adventure, Wytchwood, was only available on Nintendo Switch as a digital purchase. But one day, the good people at Whitethorn Games and Super Rare Games were bestowed with the magical power to create a physical Nintendo Switch version of Wytchwood! Putting their heads together, they came up with a plan to release it on June 9, 2022. “Why… that’s today!” one of the team members said. The villagers cheered, for all would be good in the world again.
Wytchwood is a crafting adventure game set in an expressive land of gothic fables and fairytales. As the mysterious old witch of the woods, players will explore a strange countryside, collect magical ingredients, brew sorcerous enchantments, and pass their twisted judgment upon a capricious cast of characters and creatures. After all, how will they ever learn if someone doesn’t teach them the moral of the story?
Key Features of Wytchwood Include:
- A lovingly rendered storybook art style
- Gathering, collecting, growing, and crafting bizarre ingredients, like toxic toadstools, eye of newt, and bottled fear
- Researching and concocting devious spells and sorceries. Turn the greedy into frogs! Trick the wicked with cunning curses!
- An allegorical world of tall tales to explore! Uncover colorful personas and fantastical narratives.
- Use wit and guile to solve puzzles and best the strange monsters of the forest
Wytchwood is currently available on Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 & 5, Xbox, and PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store. The physical edition of Wytchwood for Nintendo Switch can be purchased here: https://superraregames.com.
For more information on Wytchwood, follow Alientrap on Facebook and Twitter, or visit the official website.