Now I’m not the biggest Star Trek fan in the world. Nor do I like when I see people wearing the wireless ear bud necklace. So I’m a little torn on these new earbuds available at ThinkGeek. I mean in one sense I should be happy because I won’t have to see people with that ridiculous collar around their neck, but instead I’ll see people with pointy ears up and down the street.
ThinkGeek lists the product specs as the following:
- In-line microphone and one-click button to answer/end calls, adjust volume, and control music
- Includes silicone eartips in 3 sizes
- Pantone color-matched to Spock’s original Vulcan skin tone makeup
- Compatible with devices running Bluetooth 4.0® + EDR
- Speaker Impedance: Φ 10mm 32
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz
- Output Power: 40mW
- Wireless Range: 32 ft.
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 80dB
- Batteries: 3.7V/90mAh (rechargeable via USB cable, included)
- Standby Time: 180 hours
- Talk Time: 4-5 hours
- Charging Time: 2 hours
- Dimensions: 4″ tall x 2 1/4″ wide “ears” + 2 ft. cable between ears + 1 ft. long charging cable
- Weight: just over an ounce for the ears and cable
- Includes earphones, 3 sets of silicone eartips, and USB to micro-USB charging cable
So the usage time isn’t necessarily the longest out there, but I don’t think you’d get these for the technical aspects. You want these to be Spock on the phone. Take your business calls while in your Spock ears. Find out your wife is pregnant, in your Spock ears. Get the test results from your doctor, in your Spock ears. Run on the treadmill, while in your mother fucking Spock ears!!